508 W Munroe St
The Doering Mansion
Judge Winbourn Pearce and wife, Margret built this grand, Prairie style home in 1913. Judge Pearce was a member of the Supreme Court Advisory Committee, and he chose to build his home facing south toward downtown Temple. In the 1920’s, the Pearces sold the home to Frank and Nora Doering. Frank Doering was a well-known entrepreneur who owned several Ford dealerships in the Temple area. Mr. Doering also built the Doering Hotel, later known as the Hawn Hotel. The Doerings sold the home in 1929, however, locals continue to refer to the striking property as the Doering Mansion. Various well-respected business, legal, and medical professionals called the Doering Mansion home over the years, and current residents continue to maintain and improve the visible features for all to enjoy.