504 W Nugent St
The Fletcher Home
This stately home of Georgian architecture was built between 1925 and 1927 for James and Susan Fletcher. The home was designed and built by Ernest Scrivener of San Antonio and was recorded as a Texas Historic Landmark in 1981. Mr. Fletcher was a leading Temple businessman who owned Fletcher Enterprises, a prominent banking and industrial firm. He and Mrs. Fletcher lived in the home from the 1920’s to the 1940’s. The Fletcher’s son, Omar, lived less than a block from his parents in the equally impressive estate located at 1314 North 9th Street. Numerous business and medical professionals followed the Fletchers as residents of this landmark home, and all contributed considerably to the civic and economic development of Temple.